(FYI, I don't accept drawing requests, although you are welcomed to try making me feel inspired and draw)
When Porto and Norte don’t have anything else to do but not in the mood to be alone, they usually just meet up in Café Âncora d’Ouro. This usually happens during lunch breaks or sometimes even Sundays after church. They would order some francesinha and later Porto always has his coffee with bagaço.
The cafe’s pic taken from here.
24.media.tumblr.com/ca3… ~~there you go
Wow, they live quite closely! Google sez it’s only about 20 minutes walk. Awesome!!! XDDDD
Algarve/Norte ♤ ☮ ☾
Omg Anon are you sure you wanna know that? XD;;;;;
♤ : Cooking headcanon
Norte is very good at cooking, as in, he’s very good at cooking recipes that he knows. However when it comes to new recipes he approaches them with so much wariness that it usually ends up not exactly how it should be.
There is a reason why Port can handle England’s cooking /shot Algarve’s cooking is passable. He prefers eating out. However, when Norte stays over at his place, he at least cooks breakfast.
☮ : Bedroom/house/living quarters headcanon
Norte lives in a small house in Praça de Carlos Alberto, Porto. His house is filled with things he collected over the years. Despite him not often going home, he keeps his house clean and comfy. Most of the decorations, clothes, and linens in his house is handmade by himself. Only Lisboa, Galicia, Port, and one random thief ever entered his house further than the foyer.
Algarve has been moving around in the past few centuries from Silves to Lagos depending on where Portugal needs him to be, though currently he mainly lives in a small apartment in downtown Faro. He doesn’t keep much of personal things and prefers to keep everythings plain and simple with minimal attachments in case he had to drop everything in split second. He usually just leaves his house unlocked in case anyone needs to use it.
☾ : Sleep headcanon
Norte is a light sleeper and can wake up at the slightest unusual sound unles he’s too tired.
Algarve sleeps like the dead.
3: Who is your favourite character currently?
I thought it’s obvious enough? XD;;;;;; In case it’s not, then canon-wise it’s Spain. :)
7: What do you prefer and why: Axis or Allies?
Axis. Apparently I have weakness toward underdogs.
16: Who was the first character you instantly fell in love with?
Instantly? I don’t think I have any, since I tend to spend some time before actually falling in love with one. But the one that I fell for the fastest was prolly Sweden.
Childhood headcanon for Asturias and Centro
Once Centro managed to set the end of Asturias’ hair on fire on a silly bet with Coimbra. Asturias is still sore at them about that.
- Himeno: IF PEOPLE WONDER WHY CENTRO IS LIKE THAT
- Himeno: LOOK NO FURTHER
- Himeno: LOOK AT HIS MENTOR OMG
- Queijo: PPPFFFFFF
- Himeno: In the past, Braga was, NO COIMBRA, GALICIA WILL KILL ME IF YOU TEACH HIM ANYTHING WEIRD. And now Braga was like, YOU TWO NO NO NO NO JUST NO
- Queijo: and aveiro is just "please just get me out of this house -_-"
- Himeno: Braga did a good job preventing the same happen to Norte
- Himeno: Porto is forever grateful to her
- Queijo: Braga is my hero for real
- Queijo: she just took so much bullshit
- Queijo: EVERYONE IS THIS THE NORTHWEST FAMILY IS CRAZY
- Queijo: in the end santiago took all her stuff
- Himeno: Awwww
- Himeno: Poor thing :/
- Himeno: Wonder if she has some resentmets toward Galicia for prefering Santiago over her
- Queijo: I think she does :|
- Queijo: I think we only have portugal because braga's bishops were tired of galicia
- Himeno: Awww XD;;;
- Himeno: Omg, that reminds me of this headcanon
- Himeno: On how Norte and Port ended up running away from Asturias and Galicia's house
- Himeno: Like, after the whole thing with Omayyah, Asturias never recovered his trust on Norte completely
- Himeno: And it has the impact on everyone around him
- Himeno: So everything on the northern of Galicia tends to get favored over the southern
- Himeno: So those on the southern finally got sick of it
- Himeno: So Norte and Port just packed their bags and went to Porto's
- Himeno: And was like, WE'LL MAKE OUR OWN GODDAMN COUNTRY
- Himeno: And Porto and Braga were like, ABOUT TIME
- Queijo: TOTALY
- Queijo: and let's add that Porto was constantly behind invaded and attacked by moorish pirates because OF SANTIAGO AGAIN
- Queijo: tsktsk
- Himeno: TIRED OF YOUR SHIT, SANTIAGO
- Queijo: SO TIRED
- Himeno: GUESS WHAT, AM NO LONGER GALICIAN, HARHAR
- Himeno: YOU DEFEND YOUR OWN SHIT
- Queijo: *z snap and swags away*
- No one wields a sword like Norte. The combination of brain and brawn makes him nearly invincible. Unfortunately, once he got emotional, strategy goes out the window and he would be dangerous for everyone around him, enemy or not.
- Like Portugal, while he is pretty adept at using a sword, Algarve prefers using firearms. He is a pretty good sharpshooter and often takes the role of a sniper.
- Centro is good with canons. He uses quick mathematical calculations in his head to aim at his target and he rarely misses, no matter how antique his canons are, unless he means to miss. He also likes to use anything that goes boom.
Randomly, as a rule of thumb, my reference for coloring Port’s eyes is the color of the sea in Praia Marinha in the summer.
In any case it taught him a valuable “look before you leap” kind of lesson about rushing blindly into battle, and speaking of blind, the vision in his scarred eye has never been the same ever since.
Aka reasons why you hear about the art of swordsmanship and the Spanish style of fencing but with Port it was always all about the cannons and the arquebus. He has a blind spot so he avoids close combat where he can and learned how to use a gun so he could take enemies down from a distance.
No matter how deep, dark, or important a decision is to a country, the nation representative is never involved in making the final decision. It’s always been that way, and the nations have simply accepted it. The reason is simple, really. It would have long broken them if they had.
Norte’s progress by the centuries. The numbers on the left are by centimeters.
Yeaaaah, I was too lazy to draw 21st century. Maybe later. He doesn’t look that different than 19th anyway /SHOTSHOT
Hime, I’ve been thinking about Porto (and Galicia) and Norte lately…I don’t know what you think, but hear me out.
Norte is highly industrialized within its densely populated western half, where well developed subregions such as Ave, Cávado, Entre Douro e Vouga, Grande Porto, and Tâmega have a notable business activity and state-of-the-art infrastructure. […] However, the region Norte is the poorest of the 7 NUTS II regions of Portugal, with a GDP per capita of 12,648 euros or 58.8% of the European Union average. It is also the Portuguese NUTS II region with the highest unemployment rate (9.5% as of 2007).
So apparently economically the order from the richest to the poorest is Lisboa»Madeira»Algarve»Centro»Azores/Alentejo»>Norte.
Norteeeeeeeeee ;AAAAAAA; You work the hardest yet still get to be the poorest, you poor thing. /GROSS SOBBING